Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend bliss

We finished sealing the firepit, and this weekend we were able to put it to the test! I don't know what I was thinking, not taking a picture of it while the fire was going. Smores proved slightly difficult because our sticks weren't long enough to get down into the pit near the coals... My darling Matt loves to eat charcoal, so he had no difficulty lighting his mellos on fire.



I am happy to say that the ugly orange colored firebrick that lined the inside of the pit is now a respectable ash color. We chose the orange - cause our choices were either orange or pink. For those of you who know me, I don't do pink. But the orange firebrick was causing my eyes to focus on the rust color in the tiles and the rocks... not my favorite. We actually dug through the pallet of stones at the Brickyard to find the pieces with the least amount of orange. I am realizing as I type this that, I may be difficult to please.




Just an update: we still own Freebie. He is now on a special diet to reduce crystals in his urine.??? He had no infection. The expensive medicine caused him to vomit eight times the first night - ALL over our living room. Thank God for tile floors!




Since I'm home right now, we've decided to try them as "outside cats." The first couple of days they just hung by the door and cried to get back in... but now they have taken to exploring the yard. I have to say that Bear, amazingly is less of a wimp than Freebie! Say goodbye to Mangina, I think I'll call him Magellan!






We bought a couple of hanging plants for the backyard hooks. I think my original crayola illustrated drawing of the "potential" backyard is almost complete!










Today, at 9-10ish am my contractor told me that he'd be at the house installing that fan in our bathroom, finishing the door, moving the ac vent from inside our shower to over the sink... it's 12:15. Oh where, oh where could my contractor be? Oh where, oh where could he be???

No comments: