Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Do, de-Do, de-do ...

That beautiful landscaped backyard you saw pictures of earlier... EXHAUSTING today. Five and a half hours we put in to mowing, weeding, fertilizing, spraying, bagging, blowing... YOU SHOULD SEE OUR BACKS! We weren't very smart. Matt had his shirt off, I was in my bikini top. Dumb. We look like tomatoes now. Half way through, Matt came up to me and said, "you know... I think you might be starting to get a tan. Soon we may want to put on shirts - before we get a little pink." It was probably already too late. But, you know how it is. You're out there... the sun plays games with your eyes. You never look burnt until you come inside.

The rest of the day we've been vegging. Laundry has been endless (it'd been 2.5 weeks). We were confined to our DVD player, having our Dish Network shorted by our contractor last Thursday. Guess what Netflix movies were mailed to our home! ... TWO "Pretender" Series Discs, and Inspector Gadget. ALL OF THEM ARE NOT WORTH YOUR TIME! I'll admit, the Inspector Gadget movie I had wanted to see. I liked the show as a little kid and that part of me was excited to see what Disney could do with it ... THE ANSWER: nothing. They could do nothing good with it at all. It was obnoxious and dumb.

The Pretender. Matt likes it. I think that it has the worst script ever and bad acting on top of that. I ask him WHY he enjoys watching it - he says, he just likes the idea of it. I guess it could have been worse TV time. He could have made me re-watch the Star Wars movies, Close Encounters of the Third Kind (sorry Bill, I'm with Kristy on that one!), or The Lord of the Rings.

I should be counting my blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing the cable will be down for a week, we have all these great movies to watch!!!

Thanks Babe!

CHRISTA said...

WHAT A FANTHASTIC WAY TO LET US BE PART OF YOUR LIVES. YOU DID SUCH A GREAT AND FUN JOB ON THIS. HUGS, C