Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Progress

It feels as though all I've been typing is home improvements and pets. I guess that's all there is to us!

I am happy to report that since my last post, we have got paint, baseboards, a sink, toilet, water fixtures, floor tiles, upper cabinets - - - I think that's it?











































...And a new home for our cat Freebie! He's moving in with someone that works out at Oxy with Matt. They have other pets and a safe neighborhood for him to roam (no fast streets nearby). I feel good about it. I just finished bathing him to make him all shiny and new for his new owners. It was really discouraging... the SPCA is full and not accepting any more cats right now, the "Cat People" are full as well. The only options we were left with was the Bakersfield Shelter (a kill facility). I'm so happy that this family stepped up!

Today I made 40 adults eat unsweetened chocolate! It was awesome! This class that I'm taking right now had us all present our favorite lesson - as though they were our students. I dressed up my classmates in mini-aprons and little chef hats and had them mixing ingredients with their fingers. SUCH A FUNNY SIGHT! My professor seemed to really enjoy himself as well... I think I'll pass with flying colors!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Pets... Sherry tell them about our new Pet Monkey!

Sherry said...

no thanks!

Anonymous said...

Progress on the Bathroom, I remember those days...