Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thank God For Geeks!

What would we do for entertainment without the geeks? Everytime a new Harry Potter book comes out, Barnes and Nobles AND Borders throw these "after hours" parties for people who want to purchase a copy of the new book at midnight and can't wait for the store to open in the morning. They've just gotta read the book TONIGHT!

Don't get me wrong... I love the books as much as the next guy - I even own all the movies... But you won't find me dressing up in character and walking the streets of Bakersfield.

It has been our tradition, to go down to the parties and people watch the night away! I have to sadly say, the award for best costume representation goes to Fresno. Bakersfield tries, but not enough people are getting into it. I think the book stores need to offer a costume contest ... you know, to make it really worth my time.

This year, we intriuged my mother enough with our stories that she too wanted to come and watch the events unfold. It is hard not to point and laugh. Wrong to do... but REALLY hard not to. The Freaks and Geeks of the world are uniting on one night - every three years or so and most people are MISSING IT!

We happened on this finding sort of mistakenly the first time. -- Up in Fresno, visiting my cousin Brad (who worked for Borders). He told us to come by since they were giving out free cookies and punch. We don't miss out on free stuff! Once there, however... the cookies and punch weren't the highlight.

Here are some alright costumes from this year in Bakersfield. They made me smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FREE BURRITOS!!!