Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 18, 2008

Something's Wrong


It itches.  It is warm to the touch.  It is raised and welty.  It is red.  It is bumpy within.  It's about 6"x 8".  It is where I have been injecting Heparin for the past 3 months twice a day.  
I almost clawed my leg to the bloody point last night in my sleep and we decided that today, I had to go in and get checked out.  
I was released from Dr. Ayyagari.  Dr. Crenshaw is on her two week vacation.  So, we settled for our primary care Dr. -- Del Torro. 

He believes it's one of two things:
1.  I am having an allergic reaction to the Heparin in my system.
2.  I have injected that area's fill of meds and the skin is now supersaturated and needs a break.  
Either way:
1.  I have to stop injecting Heparin into my right leg.
2.  I have to use some anti-itch cream that he prescribed today
3.  I can take Benadryl
4.  If I have the same reaction on my left side - then I need to switch from Heparin to something else ASAP.  

 

4 comments:

Laura said...

Man Sherry...your prego battles are so intense...I hope everything starts going a lot more smoothly for you. With all this agony your baby is going to be such a prize!

Sherry said...

either that (prize) or it'll come out addicted to drugs and reaching for an IV!

Anonymous said...

I am hoping for a baby that sleeps A LOT!

Aime said...

I'm telling you as soon as the baby comes home start a sleeping schedule only two naps a day at 2 hrs each and bedtime at 8pm and he or she should finally wake up around 6 or 7 am, but he or she will wake up throughout the night for feedings or changes, unless the babies like my Noah and Andrew and I had to wake them to change them or feed them. I was so lucky, Noah still to this day will run to the crib and say night night.