Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 26, 2010

Hawaii - Day Two

So right off the plane the first day we stuck to the brown area of this map - traveling South Oahu.  After a good night's rest we were ready to explore the island.  






We traveled north from Honolulu through Central Oahu.  There, we found the Dole Plantation.  We continued north after that and ended up in the historic town of Haleiwa where we enjoyed a snow cone at Motsumoto's (from the movie "50 First Dates").  We continued on to North Shore where we played at Waimea Bay.  We traveled back towards Waikiki a different way - east on the H2.  Where we drove by the beautiful Mormon Temple and BYU.  We also got to see the locations for "Jurassic Park" and the "Lost" TV series. I think you'll recognize the mountain ranges.  For dinner that night - The Shack.  The Shack is on the waterfront where the ocean inlet is -- near Kahala on the bottom of the map.  



Mmmmm... Pineapple Ice cream!
[












Waimea Bay
The Mormon Temple (above) BYU Hawaii (Below)
Jurassic Park Mountain Range
Lost Setting
Chinaman's Hat

2 comments:

Laura said...

I was looking for things I could talk to you about from you trip...Matsumotos...Waimea...and even BYU Hawaii and the Mormon Temple...wow. That's impressive. Hope you guys had fun. Matt is basically Hawaiian so he probably knew all the right spots. Cute pics.

Laura said...

Oh I forgot to tell you...I swam out to Chinamen's hat and was attacked inside my bathing suit by a bunch of blue bubbles. Had to piss on myself. Good times. I love that you went to my side of the island.:) Yes, the North Shore is officially my side.