Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Week Spent Differently

Matt and I went to Monterey for a week, in the beginning of August. Matt went to work. I went to play. Matt had a conference there, and spent every single morning and afternoon in class. I however had my days filled with fun events for spouses! I went to a culinary school and learned to make ravioli, pesto sauce, tomato basil soup, tiramisu, .... (and haven't made it since) - BUT IT WAS SOOOO Yummy!


I went to a state park and walked the beach with Christie and her daughter Malana... she is REALLY cute.


I went wine tasting... saw how all of it is made. Got to keep one of my glasses.


I went jogging on the beach down to the aquarium... which incidentally, was rented out to the conference people the night before and we got to eat dinner there... by candlelight... and the glow of the tanks! IT WAS SO COOL.

I went on a historical walk one day... learned all about Monterey. Filmed mainly the plant-life.
We ate dinner and breakfast together each day... but the rest of the time was completely different.

One night we got to go to a luau! It was interesting. The conference people "built the beach scene" on the beach! They brought in fake palm trees, lit bonfires, ... SO NEAT! They hired fire dancers too! Dangerous job. Freaks doing it. But entertaining nonetheless!


A good way to spend a week... And even though Matt was in class most the time - If you've gotta go to a conference,... Monterey's not a bad way to go!

No comments: