Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

School Dayz


So... I started teaching again. I have the strangest, most challenging bunch of Kindy Kids to date. I have 13 boys. I have 6 girls. Those poor girls. I have 5 four year olds, and 5 kids that turned 5 the month that school began. I have one child that ONLY speaks Spanish. I have 3 more that are classified as English Language Learners. I have 3 children that were retained in Kindergarten last year due to behavior problems. I have one child with Cerebral Palsy, seizers, frontal lobe damage, and is clinically blind.


I am struggling.

The days are getting better... I think that there may be a light somewhere, in some tunnel that I could find.


I have drank a lot.


I have second guessed my career choice on more than one occasion.


But they are just so darn cute. Today, I played a new CD for them. They LOVED "Alphabet Rock." Sitting back, watching them dance is awesome... I don't know anyone who wouldn't enjoy watching 19 children trying to find a beat! I almost peed my pants - laughing so hard!


Tomorrow, I'm going to the fair to watch one of them preform her belly dancing routine with her grandma on stage! I can't wait! I wish I owned a video camera!





No comments: