Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Grant

A year ago, I had a student  - a 4th grader, who impressed me.  I would come home day after day talking about this kid named Grant.  He was nine.  Kind, gentle, intelligent, chivalrous, athletic ... A PERFECT STUDENT.  He was the type of kid that teachers would fight over.

It didn't take me but ONE DAY to realize that although a 4.0 student, champion hockey goalie, and well liked by his peers - Grant had a creative side that was OUT OF CONTROL.

Day one: make your head out of construction paper.  Most students were unrecognizable and lacked in their ability to control a pair of scissors.  This was Grant's:
He later impressed me with graphic hands, amazing holiday art, castles with dragons, 
the Wright brothers connected to a paper plate for a book report...
 
So talented - and so well rounded.

At the end of the school year, Grant began to dabble with paint.  He offered to paint something for me.  I accepted, knowing that he was going to put everything he had into it.  I told him - Paint ANYTHING! ... Whatever he came up with, I was sure to LOVE!
He took a picture I had of my dogs home with him that day: 

Today, I received THE BEST GIFT A TEACHER COULD EVER GET
A Grant Original:
It's on a 16x20 canvas.  Signed, dated, and framed.
HE IS JUST BRILLIANT.  
I love it. 


I can't wait to see where his life leads.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grant's mom is crying her eyes out. :-) It has been a gift and an honor to have you in Grant's life. :-) And I think you are stuck with us.......

Kelly said...

Holy wow! Beautiful!

Pennel said...

He created way better pictures for me! The dog picture was pretty good though.