Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Today, I Cried in Front of my Class.

It's teacher appreciation week.

On Monday, I received a gift bag full of different types of nuts with a tag that said, "We're NUTS about you."

On Tuesday, I received a basket of clips: magnetic clips, paper clips, binder clips...  and a tag that said, "Thanks for holding us together!  We appreciate all you do for us!"

On Wednesday, I received a tupperware full of lifesaver mints and a card that stated, "You were "MINT" to teach."

On Thursday, I received a bucket full of highlighters and a note that read, "You're the HIGHLIGHT of our week."

And today I received a box of 100 Grand candy bars and a note that said, "You're worth a million, but we've only got a 100 grand."

====================================================
Along with the daily gifts that were completely fun to anticipate and enjoy, each student had hand written me a letter with the header: You're the Reason I'm Smart.
I started reading them aloud to the class, and by the 3rd one, I was crying.  I cried through the ENTIRE book of letters.

===================================================
Here are some of my favorite lines:
"You've helped me achieve a goal I've had, and that's being an honorable student."
"You make learning fun when you sing and dance."
"I look up to you."
"You make me want to be the best that I can be."
"After my first day, I went home and told myself, I want her as my 3rd mother."
"Now, my favorite subjects are the ones I used to not like!"
"When I have bad days I can always count on you to make them better."
"I don't think of you as a regular teacher.  I think of you as a person who can help me with any problem in the whole world.  What ever the reason, you are there."
"In science, I learned that YOU ROCK Mrs. Grimes!"
"The reason I am smart, is because you are smart."
"You are the best teacher ever, and I like how you laugh - It makes me laugh."
"I haven't had a teacher that is so calm.  Like say for example, when Conner or Kameron yell out and stuff, you don't snap at them!  You're the best"
"You taught us so much that our brains are overflowing with all the smart memories. Without you, my brain would be empty."
"P.S.  My favorite color is green too."

No comments: