Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Creative Gifts

This year we received some of the most creative gifts!  They were too innovative to not share...
My mom put together these emergency kits, one for us, one for the pets, and even a handbook to help us pack even more stuff into the pails.  Yes, my friends, in case you were wondering... that bucket DOES multipurpose as a toilet in your time of need!
One of my students made this soap container for me!  They printed out this saying onto an overhead projector sheet, cut it to size and slid it INSIDE a jar of yummy smelling soap!  I thought - What a cool idea!  It's in the guest bathroom now, and I've already received complements on it.




One of our dear family friends made us homemade cookies and delivered them on a plate -- passed down to me from her beloved mother.  It was so thoughtful.  She said that she knew that her mother would have wanted me to have it.  I'm not in their family.  But, time and time again, they have chosen to make me feel like I am.

My sister handmade these baby wipe containers to suit both Matt and I perfectly.  They are even padded with batting to make them cozy to the touch.  Carter seems to love them... a perfect distraction while changing!

No comments: